Monday, January 3, 2011

A Sampling in the Square

On Friday I started my New year project. The design is by Belinda of Blue Ribbon Designs. I have never done a sampler like this before so I was excited to get started!

It is also my first time stitching on 40 count fabric. I was a bit apprehensive at first when it came in mail and saw all those tiny squares, but once I got started it's been quite enjoyable.

I love the colors in the design. It is stitched one over two using weeks dye works threads. It was a total splurge buying 12 of those threads, but I know I will use them on other projects. Plus, I don't usually enjoy stitching with weeks threads because of past troubles with breakage, but this time I'm not having any trouble and am enjoying the color variance in the threads as I stitch.

The only problem I've had so far is the "pink beast". The pink beast is that reddish pink rectangle. The trouble was by no means the design or the thread. It was all me and my lack of the ability to count. I had to rip the beast out twice, TWICE!!!! Two days wasted on that tiny rectangle! I was almost defeated, but I wouldn't let the beast win. Then I moved onto blue.

Only a few more to outline and then I get to started filling them in!


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Looks great! Can't wait to see more. I can imagine your frustration ripping that pink block out twice.