I thought this year would be a good year to set some goals for myself. I feel like it's very important for me to do this for myself as I will be crazy enough as it for the next couple months with all the wedding goings on, plus it will be good for me to be able to focus on and write about something other than my upcoming nuptials. Oh, and I just love stitching!
So here we go!
1. Participate in my first round robin. This will start in February or March I believe. I'm not sure which UFO I will be sending but I still have a couple weeks to work it out. Aaaaand hopefully I won't screw it up and mess up someone else's project or forget a mailing or something stupid. Haha!
2. Stitch one ornament per month (at least). I love to stitch ornaments, but the rush around Christmas to finish any burnt me out, so I figure if I can do at least one per month I will have plenty to choose from this Christmas to decorate my tree, or to give as quick, last minute gifts. Plus, working on an ornament will give me a break from any big projects and give me a chance for a small, quick finish.
3. Don't buy alot of crap! Well, not crap, but more stash. I have so many charts in my stash from building it the last few years. At this point whenever I buy a new chart, I almost feel guilty for all the sad little charts not getting stitched at home! So now I am trying to destash a bit and only buy threads and fabric for charts/patterns I already have. Yes, I know there will be many charts coming out that I will NEED, but I already have my wish list in progress and maybe I can treat myself every once in awhile.
4. Fill up my TUSAL jar! I joined the Totally Useless Stitch-A-Long and every new moon I have to post a pic of my ort jar. I actually have alittle bag that was stitched and gifted to me by my lovely friend Lisa. But every time I fill it up, I have been just dumping it in the trash! Danielle had a post about this and I thought it sounded like fun. So instead of throwing all my orts in the trash when I fill up my cute lil bag, I can now dump it in my jar! I found a nifty jar thats been taking up some space in my house and will be revealed tomorrow for my first new moon post!
5. Make more stitchy friends! I love to read all the stitchy blogs I can find and see all the lovely projects everyone is working on. I also get inspiration for future projects and get introduced to designers I hadn't seen before. The internet is pretty much all I've got when it comes to a "stitching group" as I live in an area that does not seem to have alot of people local to me to meet up for get togethers and stitch talk. This past October was my first stitching retreat and I had such a blast. I really enjoyed getting together with other ladies who spoke my language.
6. Blog everyday! This actually hasn't been too hard for me lately and I am hoping to keep in my groove.
Here's to a great year, and meeting my goals. Eh, even if I don't meet every one of them, I know I'll have fun in the attempt!