Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's Goin On?

Yea, I haven't been around much lately. I have lost my mojo after stitching two models for a designer. BTW, they are way cute.


I spent the holiday weekend cleaning up my house and reading lots of trashy romance novels. I am totally hooked on Monica McCarty and her highlander series!


Tuesday I had a job interview. Now, I have a good job, but its not very intellectually stimulating. And I'm not really planning on leaving it anytime soon, but when I saw this position pop up, I just decided to wing it and see what happens. I have to admit, its pretty much in my top three of dream jobs. Plus, the schedule is amazing. I just hope I'm not setting myself up too high for a fall by admitting to you that *I friggin really kinda want this dang job* and that's all I'm gonna say about that.


On another topic, I'm feeling very sad about the blogging world lately. If people aren't constantly complaining about the changing environment of blogger and facebook, they are making personal attacks on other bloggers/stitchers. Its very sad. Who cares if so and so didn't send you their RAK or you didn't win their giveaway?!


Get. A. Grip. Dude.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

10 comments:

Jenny said...

You stitching mojo wil come back, Jilly! No worries!!! Two models is a lot to stitch - I would assume that model stitching is much less relaxed than stitching just because you enjoy it, so it is probably just natural that you need a break from stitching for a while.

I really hope that you get the job that you interviewed for. More stimulating and better schedule - that sounds great! I am crossing my fingers for you!

If you want some happy reads, come by and have a peak at my blog! I try to make it a point to not vent on the internet!!! (I have, however, apparently no problem about blatant self-promotion... LOL) I think that pretty much all the owners of the blogs I follow share the same philosophy, so that is a pretty long list of happy blogs! :-)

Take care!

cucki said...

hello deary, i really hope you get the job you interviewed for..good luck ..
sending you stitchy hugs
cucki xx

Barb said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the job! We need to keep that old saying going," If you can't say something nice about a person, don't say anything at all." I think my Mom always told me that!

dixiesamplar said...

Oh Jilly, I sure wish you all the best in the job pursuit...sounds like a wonderful possiblity for you!!

And hear, hear...I don't know what had gotten into some bloggers of late, but they seriously need an attitude adjustment, don't they?? Seems to me there used to be a saying..."if you can't say something nice, then...SHUT UP!!" LOL...okay, maybe it wasn't quite that blunt, but that is what I feel like saying to these silly ninnies. Some people are just never happy unless they are making others miserable...such a sad way of life!

Anywho, break a leg with the job...not literally of course, LOL!
BTW: congrats on your win with LK!!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Your stitching desire will come back, I'm sure of it.

I'm afraid I'm one of the guilty ones that posted about blogger but I didn't feel like it was anything outrageous and certainly not personal. But I was kind of hoping blogger would see it and make a change in some way to make it easier to see, I think they have because the words are now much easier to read and they don't have so much junk around them.
I hope you get the job you're dreaming of.

Vickie said...

Well, if you have a moment and would like to check it out, I just started a blog a few days ago. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Rhona said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that you get the job...and that your stitchy bug returns.

Rachel S-H said...

Hope the mojo returns soon. Congrats on the two finishes. I will keep my fingers crossed that you get that good job.

DJ said...

Sending good vibes for your mojo to return and that you get the job you applied for! The book series you are reading sounds intriguing, I'll have to look for that one! Take care and I hope we catch you again soon...we so enjoy your company!

Nicola said...

How exciting, sending lots of positive vibes for the job opportunity.

I expect that stitching for others is stressful. Am sure that after a short break you will get inspired to pick up your needle.