Sunday, December 19, 2010

Nothin like waiting until the last minute...

After getting up super early and spending all morning cleaning the house, I stitched this today while Matt was out Christmas shopping. Its a design by Country Cottage Needleworks from the 2008 JCS ornament issue. I have yet to master french knots, so the snowman shall remain eyeless.

The original design is stitched 2 over 2, but I didn't have any 32 ct fabric. In order to make it fit on a remnant, I ended up stitching it 1 over 1 on 28 ct. I think he turned out quite cute and will make a nice pillow ornament. Most likely for my grandmother as she is a fan of snowmen.

Later in the evening Matt had a couple of his guy friends over to play on the wii, so I made myself scarce and enjoyed some quiet time stretched out on our bed watching tv and knitting a sock. I'm 3/4 of the way done with the first sock. I'll be amazed if I actually get the whole pair done in time to give to my friend for christmas. If not, I can always give them to her later as I already had an ornament made for her and something else, so the socks were just an extra I thought I would throw in when I found the yarn in my stash.

So again, another year when I have so many ideas/projects and its a race to the finish to see what I can get done!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: