Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Variety

We interrupt your regularly scheduled stitching gabfest.

So, Matt and I had this deal when we got married that I would GIVE him all the gift cards we got from the wedding for him to use at Target to buy a PS3. I wanted it for the blu ray capabilities and he in his child like enthusiasm was all about the gaming.

I am not much of a gamer. I like games with a purpose. I totally do not get those strategy games where you more or less walk around in a circle for hours on end and then you mysteriously win. Whatever. I need goals, I need points. I need a map for crying out loud. Hence, kid games are more my speed. They have set goals, you unlock treasures and levels. There are puzzles that make you feel really smart. (Anyone else LOVING garden of time on facebook?!)

I have a Nintendo DS. I love it! I don't play on it as often as I used to and actually "beat" my first game on it a couple years ago. Sims 2 castaway is pretty slammin....OKAY, fine I totally cheated and looked up how to get off that stupid island on the internet. But still, I did it.

We also have a Wii, I really like the movement centered games in which you actually have to get off your butt to do things. The first time I ever played a Raving Rabbids game I almost peed my pants.

I have been pretty blase about the PS3. Matt loves it so thats all that matters. I get to watch fancy movies and stream Netflix to my hearts content. But, over the weekend I found this game in the game store. We have gotten pretty savvy about trading in old DVD's and video games for store credit so we can get new stuff. This game was on sale used for $14.99, a new PS3 game usually costs $60, I was sold.

I don't even know why I like this game. I have it for my DS also. Maybe it is because it is a girl hero with some kick ass guns and big ta ta's. Maybe it's the sweet graphics (yea right, like I care). Or, maybe it's the maps and the directions and oh, find this and find that purpose of each level. I actually GET the story. But, it is pretty fun. For some reason, I totally like these Tomb Raider games.

In other news, I have also been trying to read more. Goodreads has really helped me branch out from the typical and generic romance novel. Anyone else getting tired of those? I am totally bored by them these days. Anyways, I just finished reading this book:
It is quite thrilling with a crazy surprise ending. It is a bit raw and sometimes graphic, so not for the faint of heart, but a good story. Definitely going to be reading the authors next book "Never Knowing" which at this very moment, is waiting for me at my local library.

Since we are talking about books, I have to bring up the whole deal about Borders. I am totally bummed that ALL of their stores are now closing. I haven't spent much money on books in the last year or two. I was getting most of my books from the local library and I did just recently got my Kindle, but there is just something about being in a book store.

1 comment:

cucki said...

have fun dear..i love reading too..i am a real bookworm:)