Thursday, January 15, 2009

A bit of draggin here

I am a bit tired today. Bf and I have been carpooling in the morning for a week now. He drives in the morning and then I drive home at night. I kind of like having the company in the car and I like getting to work and not having to rush into my day. I get to my office an hour before I need to so I can sit and drink my coffee, listen to the radio and read a bit. I've thought about taking some stitching/knitting/crochet with me, but I feel that that small hour in the morning would just fly by to quickly and when the time came I would not want to put it down.

As in the previous post, my stitching has mostly been on Peppermint Lane by country cottage needleworks. I am 90% done the stitch and think I will make it into a flatfold. There is a top and bottom border in the pattern but I dont think I will put it on, but instead will cut it kind of close and use something fancy to go around the edges of the flat fold.

I should have just gone ahead and finished the stitch last night when we got home. Instead I got a birthday (belated) surprise in the mail from my friend Heather who lives in New York. Inside was the cutest lil caddy to hold yarn and such and two skeins of lovely purple naturally caron yarn. It is a wonderful bamboo and acylic/cotton blend, very soft and squishy, just the way I like it. Not sure what it will become but for now I just like holding it! So with the yarn surprise I became a bit adventurous and decided to tackle entrelac. I found some wonderful/simple instructions online and two skeins of vanna's choice yarn (pink and brown). As is the case with all knitting I have tried since I began in October, it was way easier than I thought it would be. I had to look up a couple of the stitches online, but also used another awesome website by googling "knitting help". I was able to get three passes of entrelac done and like very much how it is turning out. It's a bit chunky and messy since I am just learning but I think it will smooth out as I go along and get more comfortable with the technique.

Tomorrow night I am hanging with one of my best gfs at her house. She got a wii fit for christmas so we will prolly be making fools of ourselves with that, especially with all the drink we seem to imbibe when we spend time together.......should be a good time!!

Bf is working tonight so I'm planning on getting in some more stitching/entrelac!!

No comments: