My dear friend Danielle over at Peace, Love, and Stitching has gifted me with the Liebster Award!! She is so wonderfully nice! I hope you go check out her post to see what other talented stitchers have been gifted with such a nice award.
Liebster is a german word meaning favourite, dearest, or beloved. The Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting.
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
My award recipients are listed below!!
1. A Southerner under the Northern Lights -- Love to see updates from this wonderful southern lady living in Alaska. A great example of the joy I get "meeting" other stitchers who are so close, yet so far!
2. Cross Stitched by Astrid -- One of the ladies I actually get to see in person to enjoy stitching, gossip and food!
3. Melissas Stitching Room -- I met Melissa recently on Facebook in a Mirabilia group. She is very nice and we have even traded a pattern from our stashes!! She has lovely work on her blog.
4. The Whispers of Autumn -- Lots of fun stitching and cute doggy and kitty pics!
5. Tickled Pink in Stitches -- Another stitching friend that I have met in person!! DJ has award winning stitching and wonderful stories to share on her blog!
Now the fun stuff with 5 random facts:
hmmmm, this is hard.....
1. I met my husband on match.com......and he is not a psychopath and I am not a crazy person, nor was I desperate. haha!
2. The best stitching time to pass for me is in front of the tv while trashy reality shows are on. Jersey Shore, Real Housewives. Whatever, sometimes I am like wow, I am more stupid than I was an hour ago, though mostly I can convince myself I am not REALLY watching it, it's just background noise. Other times, the stitching is completely forgotten and I am yelling "no, she di'nt!"
3. I am way more emotional than I used to be before I got married. It's very weird, and some days I just don't know what to do with the stuff. Repress! Repress!!
4. I stalk celebrities on twitter.
5. I have a pen hoard in my desk at work. Some of them don't even work anymore, I have a problem.
I didn't get much stitching accomplished over the weekend. I have come to a part on Venetian that is just muy boring. It is all brown and light brown and dark brown and barf. Ugh, must persevere!